Brinks Belmore | The Big Tour - Day 6 (Part 2)


Sometimes you get in a muddle with times and distances – well I do anyway.  I arrived in Norwich a bit later than I had planned, spent longer looking around and shopping and got into a terrible panic that I would not be able to make it to Loddon before sunset.

However it is the journey that counts and it was a truly amazing April day – deep blue skies, not a cloud in sight and lovely and warm it also happened to be one of those days where I talked – a lot.

In many ways this, to me is what the Blog really is all about cruising, talking and sharing it all as if a couple of thousand people are along with me in the boat. While some might concentrate on the pretty, and make a story narrated after the event, I really like the ‘as it happens’ aspect of the Captain’s Blog and so I began to talk about boatyards having only the evening before learnt that Royalls would be shutting up in 2017.

From my point of view the journey towards Reedham really went very well, to begin I had an ebbing tide helping me along and I found the whole cruise really pass by very easily.  If you don’t mind me rabbiting on for a chunk of the video you might like this, if you rather enjoy the pretty scenes then you have some of those too.

As it happened, I arrived at Loddon well before sunset so need not have worried.  I wanted to moor here since it is a very quiet and nice mooring and a great point to leave from tomorrow when I will be heading back to the north rivers. 

Upon my arrival I saw Thunder was moored and had a nice chat with the gentleman who was onboard at the time – then Ranworth Breeze arrived later and so I had tow syndicates either side of me, quite different boats showing what you can buy into should you wish and both looking immaculate.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brinks Rhapsody - The Review

Brinks Belmore | The Big Tour - Day 7 (Part 1)