Brinks Belmore TC - Day Ten



I began early leaving Barnes Brinkcraft's yard before they opened up for business where I had overnighted.  Today would be an easy day where I would go somewhere quiet, pack all my things away and do the Boat Review.  This usually takes about 3 hours to complete going from cabin to cabin and getting the right shots in the bag so to speak.

Wroxham Island moorings seemed ideal.  It was about midday by the time I had completed the review and everything was packed and sorted for my last night with just the essentials left out, it was about this time I thought with the lovely day why not go on a bit of a 'cruise about' going here and there without any real aim.

First stop was Ranworth Staithe where I would be able to drop my rubbish off and go for a walk - I took a stroll down to St. Margaret's church where there was a great deal of Lotto funded works going on to repair the roof amongst other things and I am sure will look lovely when complete - it was such a nice day to be walking in the countryside the bird song and first shoots of new growth from plants and trees alike you had a real sense that spring really was just about to unleash itself.


I walked back towards the Staithe but the pub seemed an attractive idea - stop off for a pint I thought, but hey its lunchtime why not for food too?  So I did.  To be honest I was never a real fan of the Maltsters as a food pub - great for drinking but for food, the prices seemed a bit steep for the food one had, condiments from unbranded sachets, onion rings that were made with mashed onions not freshly prepared and so on and I thought much would be the same - how wrong I was.  Things really have improved my cheese burger had plenty of cheese, a nice side salad, fresh bun lovely beef oh it was delicious and I was so pleased I had stopped and given it another go and I suggest you do too.

Back on the boat it was time to head off again - but as it was the last day, I did not want to go too far so retraced my footsteps back along the Bure back to Wroxham Island - this a mooring suitable for just one boat with the expanse of Wroxham Broad to look out to from the mooring.  I arrived to find it free (I had been worried it may not have been) and then it was time to wind down and relax.

So ten days, so much seen and done - from Wroxham in the North to Norwich in the south and most points between - this was a true adventure not to mention some of the more eventful moments with the boat - but you know, it was a lovely boat so easy to manoeuvre, plenty of punch when you needed it but also would cruise happily along all day very quietly on the likes of the river Ant sipping fuel.  It was a tall boat, but I was really pleased I had chosen it and it takes second place behind Mystic Horizon as my all time favourite boat to helm, and live on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brinks Rhapsody - The Review

Brinks Belmore | The Big Tour - Day 7 (Part 1)